News and Notices
Posted May 14, 2020
STUDENT JOB OPPORTUNITY
The Town of Glovertown is accepting applications for student positions with the Summer Recreation Program and Visitor Information Center. Due to the Covid-19 Pandemic the future of the Summer Recreation Program is uncertain. However, the Town will proceed with the application process in case Summer Programs are allowed to open.
- Summer Program Coordinator
- Supervise the day-to-day operation and administration of Summer Day Camp
- Develop, plan, and promote program activities and events
- Liaise with Town of Glovertown’s Recreation Director and Staff
- Organize and supervise Summer Program staff
- Ensure safety during program activities, at Town facilities and during field trips and visits
- Other duties, as required
2 . Summer Program Worker
- Recreation worker assist the coordinator in the Day Camp program as well as instruction during sports programs
- Develop, plan, and promote Program activities and events
- Complete minor maintenance and clean-up of Rec. Program Facilities
- Ensure safety of the children in the recreation program.
- Other duties as required
3. Visitor Information Center Worker
- answering customer questions in person, by phone and email about Glovertown and the surrounding area.
- finding information using computer systems, guide books, pamphlets, etc.
- setting up displays within the centre and re-stocking literature.
- keeping up to date with local accommodation, places to visit, activities and events.
At this point, we expect the positions to run for 7 weeks, with an approximate start date of July 2020. A valid driver’s license, CPR/First-Aid certification, and coaching qualifications would be considered assets. Further positions with the Summer Program may become available in the coming months; pending successful funding applications.
Deadline for applications is 4:30 PM Friday, June 1st, 2020. Applications can be faxed to the Town Office at 709-533-2225 or e-mailed to Pam Thornhill; firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate which position(s) you are interested in.