News and Notices
Posted May 1, 2018
STUDENT JOB OPPORTUNITY
The Town of Glovertown is accepting applications for student positions with the Summer Recreation Program and Visitor Information Center. We are seeking dynamic and well-organized youth to fill the following positions:
- 1. Summer Program Coordinator – Post Secondary Student
- Supervise the day-to-day operation and administration of Summer Day Camp
- Develop, plan, and promote program activities and events
- Liaise with Town of Glovertown’s Recreation Director and Staff
- Organize and supervise Summer Program staff
- Ensure safety during program activities, at Town facilities and during field trips and visits
- Other duties, as required
- 2. Summer Program Worker
- Recreation worker assist the coordinator in the Day Camp program as well as instruction during sports programs
- Develop, plan, and promote Program activities and events
- Complete minor maintenance and clean-up of Rec. Program Facilities
- Ensure safety of the children in the recreation program.
- Other duties as required
- 3. Visitor Information Center Worker
- answering customer questions in person, by phone and email about Glovertown and the surrounding area.
- finding information using computer systems, guide books, pamphlets, etc.
- setting up displays within the centre and re-stocking literature.
- keeping up to date with local accommodation, places to visit, activities and events.
The positions will run for 7 weeks starting in July 2018. A valid driver’s license, CPR/First-Aid certification, and coaching qualifications would be considered assets. Further positions with the Summer Program may become available in the coming months; pending successful funding applications.
Deadline for applications is 4:30 PM Friday, May 18th, 2018. Applications can be dropped off at the Town Office or e-mailed to Pam Thornhill@ email@example.com. Please indicate which position(s) you are interested in. More information on the positions and the Summer Program is available at the Town Office. 533-2351